Three Types of Employee
Did you know that there are three types of employee?
They work with passion and a professional ethic/connection. They work on their own initiative and drive forward the business through innovation and smart thinking.
2. Not Engaged
They are present – but are just about putting in enough effort to get by. There is no input, no energy or passion towards business progress.
3. Actively Dis-Engaged
They are unhappy at work, acting up, and putting in no contributions whatsoever. They are actually costing the business money through lack of productivity, and also undermining work ethic and having a negative impact on other staff members. They may frequently go on sick leave. or absenteeism becomes regular and very frustrating and stressful for the owner/manager.
Communication with employees is important
Be careful what of you say and how you say it. Why? Because this means that your communication:
- Builds trust and strengthens relationship
- Improves interpersonal skills and understanding
- Diminishes conflict
- Increases productivity and profitability
- Cultivates positive team work
- Helps support a positive working or office environment
- Contributes to well-being – emotional, mental and physical!
- Can initiate motivation, drive, and commitment, and can give recognition, praise and flow
- Focuses on strengths by giving positive feedback
Check out our workplace workshops
You can find out more about emotional resilience in the workplace, or about booking a workshop for your staff, by reading our training page.